|Output Power (RMS)|
@ 14.4 VDC
|5 Ch 65 W x 4 + 200 W x 1 (4Ω)|
5 Ch 105 W x 4 + 330 W x 1 (2Ω)
3 Ch 210 W x 2 (4Ω) + 200 W x 1 (4Ω)
3 Ch 210 W x 2 (4 Ω) + 330 W x 1 (2 Ω)
HERTZ HCP 5D - 5 channel amplifier - Bass Boost and Subsonic filter.
HCP 5D is a complete front + rear + sub amplifier with five very powerful Class D channels.
Equipped with a variety of inputs to allow an integral configuration with any car radio.
HCP 5D is suitable for working in five channels, with the subwoofer, and three channels, with a front + sub system, using the front and rear filters, with which it is equipped.
To complete the filter section, HCP 5D also has a Bass Boost and a Subsonic filter.
All the amplifiers of the Hertz Compact Power line are assembled with high quality components and equipped with a complete and excludable crossover system.
The dissipation system is optimized by transferring all the heat to the heat sink and from there to the side surfaces that dispose of it.
HCP 5D allows you to control the volume of the subwoofer with extreme precision remotely, using the HRC accessory (Hertz Remote Control).
- Compact design, made with an extruded aluminum heatsink, the upper side of which effectively transfers the heat generated by the power electronic components.
- Special balanced input circuitry for high rejection of electromagnetic interference, in the Pre-In or Speaker-In inputs.
- Speaker-In inputs (for standard car radios) and RCA-In inputs (for Aftermarket car radios).
- ART, Automatic Remote Turn-On / Off, automatically turns the amplifier on and off when the standard radio turns on and off (can be activated / deactivated, only with Speaker-In).
- Power supply with multi-wire winding transformer, Low-ESR 105 ° C capacitors, D-Class output stage stable at 2 Ω.
- 5-channel and 3-channel operating mode (selectable), to create a five-channel system (with subwoofer) or a powerful three-channel sub + front system.
- Versatile front and rear filters allow you to create a Hi-Pass front + rear system or a multi-channel woofer + tweeter system, both with subwoofer.
- Bass Boost (50 Hz) adjustable to 12 dB, for a deeper bass.
- Selectable full range front + rear power outputs.
- 24 dB Lo-Pass subwoofer filter continuously adjustable from 50 to 500 Hz.
- SUBSONIC filter (24 dB - 25 Hz) useful for removing very low subsonic frequencies from the musical signal, to avoid damage to the subwoofer
- Optional remote volume control (HRC), to adjust the volume level of the subwoofer directly from the passenger compartment.
HCP: THE TECHNIQUE
The HCP heatsink is made of extruded aluminum, an unsurpassed material for lightness, resistance and heat dissipation capacity.
To reduce the size, the power transistors are arranged between the PCB and the upper part of the chassis that collects the heat, from there it is then transferred to the side surfaces, equipped with fins, to be disposed of.
The Front End section, equipped with a complete and excludable crossover system to allow connection with processors, preamplified outputs with crossover on HCP 1D and multiple adjustments, offers the user infinite possibilities of system connections, for any configuration and with any source .
The inputs, pride of the Hertz R&D area, are available both on RCA connections for the pre-amplified connection (Pre-In) with aftermarket car radio, and on high-level connections (Speaker-In) for the connection with the integrated serial source in the car. The Pre-In and Speaker-In inputs are equipped with a special balanced circuitry that guarantees a high rejection of the electromagnetic interference typical of the environment in the car, guaranteeing noise-free acoustic results.
The Speaker-In inputs are also equipped with the ART function, Automatic Remote Turn-On / Off, which turns the amplifier on and off according to the operation of the source, eliminating the need for a remote ignition signal, generally missing on audio systems standard.
The ART circuit, long developed by Hertz staff, guarantees ignition without delays and avoids annoying noises when switching off, moreover the function can be deactivated manually via a switch on the control panel: in those cases where the standard source has long delays in switching off or restarting the amplifier is controlled by ancillary activities such as reopening the doors, the ART function can be deactivated and the remote input can be used via a manual control, avoiding excessive battery consumption.
The crossover section of Hertz Compact Power amplifiers allows extreme flexibility in creating any configuration of the audio system: Bass Boost to enhance low frequencies; Lo-pass, Hi-Pass, Subsonic, Phase and Full Range to create complex audio systems; adjustable with slope at 12 dB / Oct. and 24 dB / Oct. according to the model.
In particular, the HCP 1D mono amplifier is equipped with preamplified Hi-Pass outputs that allow you to create a Band-Pass on the front woofer. While the four-channel HCP 4D model has an extended range of filter frequencies, to be used also in active 2-channel multi-channel Front systems.
On board the HCP electronics, a power supply stage with multi-wire winding transformer and Low-ESR 105 ° C capacitors, works at high efficiency, guaranteeing the energy needed at the output stage in class D (in HCP 1D, HCP 4D and HCP 5D ) and in class AB (in HCP 2 and HCP 4), to make them stable at 2 Ω load and ensure maximum power delivery.
Both with HCP 1D and with HCP 5D it is possible to control the subwoofer remotely through the HRC accessory, Hertz Remote Control, connected to the specific Remote Control socket; this allows you to adjust the volume level with extreme precision even while sitting comfortably inside the car.
The knob of the HRC has a central click (Center Detent) where the subwoofer level is optimally calibrated. From this position the level can be increased by 6 dB or reduced until it is canceled, it is always possible to find the optimal volume by repositioning the knob on the Center Detent.