Output Power (RMS)
@ 14.4 VDC 1 Ch: 380 W x 1 (4 Ω)
1 Ch: 700 W x 1 (2 Ω)
Hertz HCP 1D - Class D monophonic amplifier with crossover and integrated subsonic filter, high power, minimum dimensions.
Power, small size and competitiveness: these are the objectives behind the HCP project, expressed in the name of the Hertz Compact Power line.
Hertz staff have used all their experience and know-how to provide the most adequate and satisfactory answer to every user need.
Extremely reduced dimensions obtained through the use of class D or AB circuitry, high versatility obtained from the numerous configuration controls, considerable power levels, all of this in a single line of products, very competitive and accessible to all.
HCP amplifiers boast innovation, character and tradition, enclosed in a minimalist and, at the same time, captivating design; a project born to make easy what is generally difficult: with Hertz Compact Power even the most complex audio systems become easy to install.
So the Hertz team successfully passed another challenge: to create entry-level products without compromising, respecting the design standards of the Hertz brand.
- Compact design, made with an extruded aluminum heatsink, the upper side of which effectively transfers the heat generated by the power electronic components.
- Special balanced input circuitry for high rejection of electromagnetic interference in the Pre-In or Speaker-In inputs.
- Speaker-In inputs (for standard car radios) and RCA-In inputs (for Aftermarket car radios).
- ART, Automatic Remote Turn-On / Off, automatically turns the amplifier on and off when the standard radio turns on and off (can be activated / deactivated, only with Speaker-In).
- Power supply with multi-wire winding transformer, Low-ESR 105 ° C capacitors, D-Class output stage stable at 2 Ω.
- Pre-out outputs, also available with Speaker-In level inputs, with Hi-Pass filter continuously adjustable from 50 to 250 Hz; allow you to create a band-pass filter with the amplifier for the front woofer to eliminate the frequencies of the subwoofer.
- Selectable full range power output for powerful dual-mono audio systems.
- Bass Boost (50 Hz) adjustable to 12 dB, for a deeper bass.
- 24 dB Lo-Pass filter continuously adjustable from 50 to 250 Hz.
- SUBSONIC filter (24 dB - 25 Hz) useful for removing very low subsonic frequencies from the musical signal, to avoid damage to the subwoofer.
- Variable phase control with 0-180 ° continuity to optimize the alignment of the low frequencies of the woofer with those of the subwoofer.
- Optional remote volume control (HRC), to adjust the volume level of the subwoofer directly from the passenger compartment
HCP: THE TECHNIQUE
The HCP heatsink is made of extruded aluminum, an unsurpassed material for lightness, resistance and heat dissipation capacity.
To reduce the size, the power transistors are arranged between the PCB and the upper part of the chassis that collects the heat, from there it is then transferred to the side surfaces, equipped with fins, to be disposed of.
The Front End section, equipped with a complete and excludable crossover system to allow connection with processors, preamplified outputs with crossover on HCP 1D and multiple adjustments, offers the user infinite possibilities of system connections, for any configuration and with any source .
The inputs, pride of the Hertz R&D area, are available both on RCA connections for the pre-amplified connection (Pre-In) with aftermarket car radio, and on high-level connections (Speaker-In) for the connection with the integrated serial source in the car. The Pre-In and Speaker-In inputs are equipped with a special balanced circuitry that guarantees a high rejection of the electromagnetic interference typical of the environment in the car, guaranteeing noise-free acoustic results.
The Speaker-In inputs are also equipped with the ART function, Automatic Remote Turn-On / Off, which turns the amplifier on and off according to the operation of the source, eliminating the need for a remote ignition signal, generally missing on audio systems standard.
The ART circuit, long developed by Hertz staff, guarantees ignition without delays and avoids annoying noises when switching off, moreover the function can be deactivated manually via a switch on the control panel: in those cases where the standard source has long delays in switching off or restarting the amplifier is controlled by ancillary activities such as reopening the doors, the ART function can be deactivated and the remote input can be used via a manual control, avoiding excessive battery consumption.
The crossover section of Hertz Compact Power amplifiers allows extreme flexibility in creating any configuration of the audio system: Bass Boost to enhance low frequencies; Lo-pass, Hi-Pass, Subsonic, Phase and Full Range to create complex audio systems; adjustable with slope at 12 dB / Oct. and 24 dB / Oct. according to the model.
In particular, the HCP 1D mono amplifier is equipped with preamplified Hi-Pass outputs that allow you to create a Band-Pass on the front woofer. While the four-channel HCP 4D model has an extended range of filter frequencies, to be used also in active 2-channel multi-channel Front systems.
On board the HCP electronics, a power supply stage with multi-wire winding transformer and Low-ESR 105 ° C capacitors, works at high efficiency, guaranteeing the energy required at the class D output stage (in HCP 1D, HCP 4D and HCP 5D ) and in class AB (in HCP 2 and HCP 4), to make them stable at 2 Ω load and ensure maximum power delivery.
Both with HCP 1D and with HCP 5D it is possible to control the subwoofer remotely through the HRC accessory, Hertz Remote Control, connected to the specific Remote Control socket; this allows you to adjust the volume level with extreme precision even while sitting comfortably inside the car.
The knob of the HRC has a central click (Center Detent) where the subwoofer level is optimally calibrated. From this position the level can be increased by 6 dB or reduced until it is canceled, it is always possible to find the optimal volume by repositioning the knob on the Center Detent.